2020-2021 Grant Application Now Available!
All applications and supplemental materials due June 15, 2020.
Local nonprofits get a little help doing a lot of good thanks to the Millers Foundation.
Millers and the Millers Foundation are committed to developing relationships and programs that support the local community. Many of the charities that receive contributions from the Foundation are well known to Millers customers and employees; others are grass-roots groups who are meeting an unmet need. Regardless, everyone knows that these efforts benefit people right here in Hampton Roads.
The Millers Foundation works to identify and support organizations that really make a difference. The 2019-2020 grants helped provide—
STEM kits for afterschool programs at Boys and Girls Clubs; communication devices lending library for kids with disabilities; entrepreneurial and financial education for incarcerated youth; residential shelter for teens in crisis; Police and Friends Sports League for kids in Newport News; volunteer coordination for court appointed special advocates for children in Norfolk’s foster care; Music Connections program in Norfolk’s senior center; books for literacy programs in local shelters for women and children; funding for one child and his family to visit Disney’s “Give Kids the World” Village; supplies for low-income dancers through Todd Rosenlieb Dance Center’s City Dance Outreach; transportation assistance for women seeking mammograms in rural western Tidewater; safety lights for low income bike commuters; one scholarship for a female African physics student to attend a international STEM conference and more! Think about what we can do TOGETHER next year!
Since 2004, The Millers Foundation has supported charities such as:
- An Achievable Dream
- Edmarc Hospice
- Western Tidewater Free Clinic
- Chrysler Museum of Art
- Imagination Stage
- Samaritan House
- Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- Families of Autistic Children of Tidewater
- The Hurrah Players
- The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia
- Equi-Kids Therepeutic Riding Program (and Equi-Vets Programming)
- St. Mary’s Home for Disabled Children
- Virginia Arts Festival
- Sterlitz Early Childhood Center
- Junior Achievement of Hampton Roads
- Lee’s Friends
- Chesapeake Bay Academy
- Duck United Methodist Church
- ForKids, Inc
- The Muse Writers Workshop
- Habitat for Humanity of South Hampton Roads
- Norfolk Senior Plus
- Armed Services Arts Partnership Comedy Bootcamp
- YWCA GED and job skills training
- The Children’s Center
- REACH: Reading Enriches All CHildren
- Dream Catchers equine therapy
- Newport News Police Foundation
- Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters
- Teens With Purpose
- Park Place Dental Clinic
- Seton House Youth Shelters
- Norfolk CASA
- Bike Norfolk
- Communities in Action: Razor Sharp Readers
See our Guidelines and Application in the sidebar for more information on applying for a grant. Our grants are awarded annually in August. The deadline for applications is June 15th.